NoSQL Programmer / Developer
THE OPPORTUNITY: Do you wake up each morning like a two-year-old ready to embrace all the challenges of a brand, new day?
- Would you love your life even more if you could really make a difference in the world…working from the comfort of your home office…knowing without a doubt that your work was positively impacting patient safety, reducing risk and resulting in better health outcomes for your family, friends, neighbors and people around the globe?
If the answer to that question is, “yes!”, then keep reading…
Device Events is a start-up company headquartered in York PA. Its flagship software has attracted six-figure investments from entrepreneurs, like investor Steve Case, a co-founder of AOL, and others. Its client list includes gold-standard-type businesses across the spectrum of healthcare systems and health plans, researchers, care providers, law firms and insurance companies that insure medical device companies, and more.
Device Events provides cost-effective, on-demand access to the most up-to-date medical device adverse event information. Armed with having immediate access to accurate, current device event information, law firms, insurance companies, financial firms, manufacturers, and patient advocacy groups can quickly identify problem medical devices and understand the history, quantity, and severity of related adverse events, enabling them to make more informed decisions that ultimately affect patient health and well-being.
JOB SUMMARY: Due to company growth, Device Events is ready to hire a smart, exceptional individual who possesses the unique blend of work experience using RDBMS such as Oracle, MySQL or SQL Server and intuitive, effective business acumen.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, this expert level contributor will use their analytical/quantitative/technological skills, combined with their ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, to translate metrics and information into strategic business directives and action plans and to maintain and participate in designing, developing and delivering industry-leading products. Routine database and reporting responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating user interfaces, integrating system modules, and performing data cleanup while maintaining data integrity using NoSQL (Not Only SQL)
- Designing, installing, monitoring, maintaining, and performance-tuning the database while ensuring high levels of data availability
- Identifying, formulating and coding business algorithms, implementing semantics and performing big data searches
- Developing relevant database/system management reports/extracts, policies and procedures, best practices, code reviews internal tools and process improvements
- Validating monthly data uploads for completeness, finding, fixing and/or relaying exceptions
- Developing database solutions that draw from a variety of sources to serve a variety of business needs
What MINIMUM knowledge, skills and abilities are required for this job?
- BS-level technical degree required from a 4 year accredited college or university; Computer Science or Math track
- Minimum 6 years technology and development experience with 2+ years proven NoSQL-related experience in advanced database and Dashboard development, platform architecture, design, implementation and support
- Inquisitive, innovative, and creative problem-solver; thought leader with demonstrated ability to translate concept into reality
- Strong team player with solid relationship building skills for dealing with management, co-workers, clients, technology professionals and a variety of other professional service providers and vendors
- Self-starter with the ability to grasp short-term and long-term issues quickly, put plans in place to effectively balance the achievement of multiple, complex new initiatives with current company objectives and manage time/resources/finances and to achieve milestone-driven tasks and goals
- Background checks (criminal, employment/reference, and credit) may be performed; results must be satisfactory to the company.
- If hired, must adhere to all company policies and procedures, and other prescribed best practices/industry standards.
- Projected 5-15% annual travel; must be able to travel to client locations, trade shows and/or other business events, as needed
Other desired experience or skills (these are a plus!)
- Full-stack IT experience preferred: *nix, Windows, hardware, network, firewall concepts, cloud services, LDAP/Active Directory, DNS, automation tools (Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Docker)
- Strong working knowledge of security best practices for software and data platforms, high performance and availability design/programming
If you are in growth-mode and you are seeking the next big challenge to advance your career, we hope to hear from you! Send a short cover letter describing why you are interested in this job. Please make sure to include your personal email, your cell phone, and your desired salary/range in the cover letter. Send the cover letter and a resume to ContactUs@DeviceEvents.com; include “NoSQL Programmer” in the subject line.
- This position will remain open until filled. Cover letters and resumes are requested by November 30, 2017.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Device Events, LLC reserves the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without advance notice, or obligation, to any party.